
Yesterday, when it was about 3h10pm, (20mn to go before office officially ends during Ramadan), suddenly I felt a bit dizzy.... "feel like "terhoyong hayang" like that"... strange... I thot may be I was having a slight dizzyness due to my fast (well, since I didn't eat much for sohor)... but after blinking my eyes a few times trying to refocus on the laptop screen, I suddenly realized... hey...!! the earth is moving....!!!
at the same time, the guys in the office said.... "guys... earthquake...!!"... it lasted only a few seconds... so we were not alarmed about it... we didn't even decide to evacuate the building, however, may be a minute later, the same thing happened again... at that time, I noticed that the blinds were hitting the windows...
everybody evacuated the office buildingwe then decided to check what the other guys in the other offices were doing... guess what...? they were all gone downstairs alrdy... haha... so we decided then to evacuate as well...
eleh....!! nothing much laaa...!! only tremors... nothing to worry about... kepochi la you all wanna go run downstairs la, wanna call security laaa, wanna call bomba laaa... aiyoo...!!

really huh? got like that meh...? people holding a signboard for each company? huaa so efficient one...!! at my building, the security guards were the first to leave the building...!! haha... joking jer....
we actually experienced tremors due to earthquake which took place in the southern part of Iran (Bandar Abbas)... 6.2 on Richter scale... it is reported that in Sharjah (where my apartment is), the tremor was recorded at 4.9 on the Richter scale... now, 4.9... that can be considered as an earthquake... so unfortunate that I was not at home... if not, it would be "fun"... hehe...

hmmm... that's more like it...! just an excuse to "not to work" and lepak sembang2
when back into the office at 3h45pm, took my stuffs and left for home...
this would be my 3rd time, 1st time earthquake in Manila (3.5 on Richter scale) was having a meeting with customer then, kelam kabut customer suruh "nyorok" bawah meja meeting... hahaha... then the Tsunami, I was doing somework alone in the office when it happened, felt dizzy for a few minutes and just couldn't understand why it seemed that the world was spinning a bit, only discovered about the earthquake & tsunami in the evening when I watched the news... and this time around in Dubai....
well, at least I can say that "I have been there..."

aiyooo auntie....!!! so kepoh oneeee....!!! calm down laaa... only tremor maa... not earthquake...
maka pada jam 4pm, adalah sorang nih from Mesia anto sms to me... asking me if I felt the earthquake, or was I dead sleeping at home...? (letih puasa....; and he got the news from CNN).... bukan dia nak tanya aku OK ker tak? dia tanya "ko rasa ker, atau ko tido masa tuh...?" such a "caring friend"... buang duit jer anto sms...!! hancus...!!
photos taken from Gulfnews, more news about it at below weblink :
13 comments:
Wow! Glad to hear that you're ok, and live to write about it! Take care John! BTW - today's Bai's birthday kan?
tersentap membaca statement "I HAVE BEEN THERE" tu...hehehehe.....
well, ME TOO!! Lariikkkkkkk
luckily tadak apa2.. alhamdulillah..
T care
ish..ish..sib baik ko tak ape2 yek KK.. alhamdulillah..
takut pulak aku dengar..
tapi tulah.. kalau nak kata M'sia tak kena earthquake pun tak boleh jugak.. dulu dah pernah kena Tsunami...
sesungguhnya perkara2 begini berlaku utk mengingatkan kita agar tidak lupa pada Yang Esa...!
tugas pak guard dok pegang signboard tu seswaii dgn hang...opssss...PECHUUUTTTTT LARIIIIKK
tq Taty... Bai's besday huh? gua tak ingat ler... will wish him shortly
Yaz, awatnya dgn statement tuh? tentu ko ada pikiran2 yg tak betoi nih... haha...
Pinky, PB... kannnn...!!:) tak ada mende lah tremors 2 hari lepas tuh... very "anak kucing manja" one... hehe....
Yaz... aku rasa utk ko lebih sesuai... sambil pegang signboard tuh, mulut tak ghenti2 cakap & memanggil orang ramai supaya join group ko.......!! kah kah kah...!!
eh, awat pecut lariiik lak? kata nak SEMBUNYIK...? tak sesuai huh? nak lari gak? haaa... pegi, pegi... pegi lari....
Kalau earthquake jgn sembunyi bawah meja atau bawah katil atau bawah mana2 pun especially bawah tangga...curl up in a fetus position like a baby inside the mother's womb and place yrself BESIDE a large sofa or bed or a strong table.
Kalo batu-bata ceiling tu jatuh, ia akan jatuh kat atas meja, bed or sofa and u will not get hurt as the perabot2 will tahan the impact and u will get caught in between the perabotz and the batu-bata, safe and unharm insyah allah... (tips from my Naitional Service days - FireFighter maaaa...cheyyyy) ;-)
Tauke, forgot to ask...the things kat rumah Sharjah tu ada tonggang langgang or not? :-) 4.9 maaa...
Allo Tauke MIM... what you have learned in Singapore is always wrong and never applicable to any Malaysians, irregardless of location... once you say 'you learned in Singapore' huh, people here will tell you immediately "it's rubbish, Lee Kuan Yew's propaganda...!!" hahaha...
nothing laaa... I think 4.9 on riechter scale must be somewhere "ulu Sharjah dalam" punya... hehe
Huaaaaaa...so sombong oneee...da agak dah. I'm disappointed, as always...
Kalau nasihat itu baik, amek buat tauladan. Kalau nasihat tu MENYELAMATKAN NYAWA, masih nak mengira ke dtgnye dari dari Lee Kuan Yew ke Lee Kuan Vee ke Lee Kuan Zee?
Btw, I am not an LKY supporter but a supporter of knowing a good advice once it is given. Dalatu, Terima Kasih pun takde...hmmmmmm...
ala, ala, ala... jangan ler marah... joking jer... "terima kasih Tauke atas nasihat2 yg bernas ittew...!!"
Pensan tak sedar. Kalau quake betul kat sini, tatau lah jadi. Dah pasti stuck dalam runtuhan Gold Souq. Nasib bayek tremor sajew.
Hmmmphh... disebabkan hanya tremor je, tu la pasal pensan tak sedar kot. Err... mana satu?
runtuhan Gold Souq...!! fuh glamer giler tuh...!! tapi kalau tertimbun dlm runtuhan Gold Souq, tentu cepat org jumpa you balik.... sebab depa takut you larik dgn rantai2 emas yg berjela2 tuh...!! hehehehe
Post a Comment