Monday, May 19, 2008

Jalan2 cari kerja


view from 22nd floor, Kingdom Tower, Riyadh




as I was not happy with the way that the current company is handling my job offer and contract, I have made it clear to the CEO that if they want me to move to Riyadh, we have to re-nego the contract. so they asked me to list down the items that I am asking for :
I asked for :
  • USD5000 relocation allowance - nak hantar barang balik Mesia (banyak weh... 2 tahun punya hidup), hantar barang gi Riyadh, bila sampai Riyadh nak beli barang2 utk rumah baru (mana yang tak ada tuh...). this is a must, no relocation allowance, I don't even want to consider going to Riyadh, lantaklah apa nak jadik (dah nekad dah)
  • also asked for the company to pay for 1 room apartment in Riyadh (furnished) or annual housing allowance of SAR30k (which will allow me to have a 1 room apartment in a "compound"). ini kira cuba nasib jer, kalau tak dapat pun tak kisah sangat... sebab outside of "compound" area, I can get a 1 room apartment non furnished for SAR15k per year. it is NOT a MUST, kalau tak dapat, I think that I can push it down my throat, no hal....

when the CEO came back to me, he said he gives me 2 choices :
  • we follow initial arrangement, I stay in Dubai as per contract and go to Riyadh may be once a month or twice a month. will get a Sales Manager in Riyadh who will report to me and handle customers in KSA, I will need to guide him to get the biz. At the same time, I will have to look for biz outside of KSA (Gulf region - UAE. Kuwait etc etc)
  • move to Riyadh, and they will pay for the relocation allowance ONLY...

gua rasa, depa buat lagu tuh, sebab depa ingat gua sure decide nak pegi KSA punyer sebab cost of living is lower and I can actually save more money there....

but they are WRONG... hehehe....!!!

gua tersangat hepi yang depa kata boleh stay kat UAE sebab :

  • no need to move to Riyadh (leceh la nak pindah randah nih...)
  • gua memang kurang berkenan dgn company nih (and its employees), very havoc one, dan kalau keadaan berterusan, sure punah ranahnya delivery & support to customers. Employees yang ada skrng... oh my God...!!! (imagine Janice in "Friends" say that... "Ohhhh myyyyy Godddd...")... gua pun tak tahu camna si Pak Sheikh tuh punya otak... letak jer sedara mare dia dlm company tuh (yang tak gheti2 nak buat apa2 pun, kepala lebih besar dari kepala gajah, tapi otak sebesar otak tikus....)... kalau company is full of overhead, unnecessary expenses, camna nak buat untung...? kalau tak buat untung, camna nak bagi bonus...? u tell me...?
  • tambahan pulak, bila gua ada kat UAE, gua boleh continue search for other jobs... kan ker bagus camtu...?
  • after staying 1.75 months in Riyadh, memang trauma....!! memang tak nak stay kat sana...! actually, I seriously believe that I had enough becoz of the people who were working with me in the office (not Riyadh, I think I can survive Riyadh...). I just can't stand their lazyness, nak tunjuk pandai tapi sebenarnya bodoh attitude, couldn't care less attitude, the Lebanese hot air, and the family biz management style yang ala2 tak kisah buat untung ker tak...

itu lah cerita2 terbaru.... so I am staying in Dubai and will continue looking for other jobs.... yeah...!!!!





wish me luck....!!!




gambo2 airport Riyadh


note :
  • "Compound" is a housing area reserved for none Saudis (where local Saudi law doesn't apply....). normally the living condition is really good there, have all facilities - good gym, sauna, swimming pool, kindergarten, supermarket, nice furnished apartment.... for some people, living in a compound is like "living normally" (no black abaya for ladies, can go swimming satu family etc etc). Local Saudis are not allowed to stay in a "Compound", it is only reserved for "Expats" (irregardless of your country and/or religious background). tengok movie "The Kingdom" starring Jamie Foxx (cerita pasal "bombing" kat satu "American Compound" when teh kids were playing baseball)
  • btw, separuh gaji bulan April masih tak sampai2 lagi...! siksanya... kena ikat perut.... ntah2 depa akan transfer sekali dgn gaji bulan May agaknya.... bila tanya, depa jawab "Bukra.... bukra..." (esok). esoknya bila tanya, depa jawab lagi "bukra.... insyaAllah, bukra..."... "Bukra kepala hotak ko...!!" (hehehe...)

7 comments:

Syahr-El said...

Assalamu'alaikum Bang,

All the best in finding a new job opportunity. Tak teringin nak settle down kat Mesia semula ke? Huhuh my Emirates pun senyap je... i guess they don't want me hehehe but not too bad lah, alhamdulillah lately lebih banyak rezeki yang datang. Good luck to you.

Haizam said...

good luck bro !!! moga2 ko dpt la keje yg elok cepat2...risau gak aku ko dok kat co tu lelama..takut jadik cam depa hehehe...

Josh said...

Bagus lah camtu. The important thing in our work is satisfaction. Cari lah kerja lain kalo yg ni tak sesuai.

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

Johan,

that's the spirit! kita hidup ada principles and i'm glad you're sticking to yours.

you know what you have. you know what are your capabilities. rest assured, rezeki is everywhere.

sebelum i jadi penceramah bebas. baik i blah dulu. hehe...

take care, bro.

Arel said...

Sabar je lah sheikh.. Bo layan pak2 arab tu.. he he

thanx for the comment :)

Anonymous said...

Eh the pics are nice. I like. ;-) Huaaa...airport fountain got style one...! ;-D

Everything will be OK and better now taukeh. It's about time u get the very good expat package cam expat2 kat Dubai ni. Gd pay + house + car. I can see that happening in yr not so distant future. My best wishes for you in the job hunt taukeh!

Saw the brochures from the cards convention, hmmmm...interesting! :-)

Kembara Musafir said...

Kal-El.... apa abang2...? hello...!!! am only 21, k!! baru akil baligh...! kah kah kah...! am so not used to this "abang2" calling.. hehehe... btw, kalau ada kerja kat Mesia yang gaji bagus, memang nak balik pun... longing to go back asap kalau dapat kerja yang gaji bagus... ada apply to a few companies, but no responds... you careful before coming over to Dubai, jgn kena conned lak...

Haizam, memang pun, tak sabar aku nak ciao, otak aku dah mula karat dah sebab tak guna sgt...

Josh... thanks. satisfaction.... looking for one which will satisfy me, will get it soon I hope...!

thanks Zeyn, rezeki tuh dah banyak kali dilimpah luahkan dek Tuhan... sebab tak gheti nak appreciate ler agaknya yang Dia bagi test skrng kut... hehehe....

Arel,... dah tak sanggup Den melayan Pak Arab Pak Arab nih.... sabo jer lah...

MIM, got fountain one, but no got "seri" one, dunno why... may be sebab dah lama kut, atau org semua tak caya how the immigration officers layan foreigners... InsyaAllah... the rite job will come.... it is on its way...!!