Friday, May 2, 2008

moving to Riyadh...?


my office in Riyadh





This new job is definitely something out of this world.... seriously...!! more than you can imagine....! I will not put everything in details, but basically below are things which I have gone through/observed, over the past 2 months.... In certain circumstances, I wonder if the things that I have gone through are signs from God....




  • in Malaysia, had pbms gttng multiple entry Visa, cuma single entry Visa jer dapat


  • went back to Dubai first before going to Riyadh, coz was supposed to go there with CEO (who is also based in Dubai). Trip to Riyadh was delayed and delayed, there was no coordination between the guys in Riyadh & CEO in Dubai..., suddenly one day, the guys in Riyadh told me that I have to go to Riyadh asap because if not, my single entry Visa would expire... so had to go to Riyadh in a sudden... trip was supposed to be for max 3 weeks (time to process my resident visa for Saudi Arabia)


  • arrived in Riyadh, was sent to stay in a "motel" - no star hotel


  • Bilik tak ada tingkap, rasa mcm dlm penjara


  • Bilik air bermasalah… berbau.. cuma dapat pindah bilik selepas 2 minggu…


  • Resident Visa (Iqama) couldn't be ready as initially predicted, after 3 weeks, was told that it will take another, min 4 weeks to get Iqama card


  • moved to another service apartment/hotel 3 weeks after arriving to Riyadh


  • Tempat tinggal jauh dari tempat kerja. Pergi opis naik pick up truck, drebar no speaking English


  • was told by Sheikh that he wants me to be in Riyadh permanently, instead of being based in Dubai and going to Riyadh every month... no adtnl allowances, anything... just stay in Riyadh... was stunned...


  • CEO (who hired me) was fired... COO became acting CEO


  • Just realized that COO tak gheti amende pasal smart card. COO has no idea on products that he is supposed to be in charge of (as a non technical person, I have more product knowledge than him - ratio 2 our of 3).


  • Visa/MC certification for the perso centre still not there... earliest end May...


  • reporting structure is very centralized... everything goes back to Pak Sheikh... no action taken before final approval by Pak Sheikh... (dunno what the CEO/COO are supposed to do if everything goes back to Pak Sheikh)


  • Opis tak teratur, young staff without experince


  • People in KSA don't really speak English, and I no speaking Arabic... a challenge that I face not only in business but also in day to day life


  • power struggle between anak2 menantu Pak Sheikh & COO


  • Iqama tak siap2 selepas 1.5 bulan, after making noise, finally they tell me that I can go back to Dubai to settle my stuffs in Dubai, and move to Riyadh.... they will do something to get my Iqama fast and I get a new Visa to go to Riyadh again (my Visa was single entry Visa remember...?)


  • finally took off from Riyadh, after 30mn in air, flight came back to Riyadh, technical pbm... waited 5 hours, transfered to a new flight (free seating for all)... the whole trip to go back Dubai took 9 hours all together (from arriving to airport, to arriving to home in Dubai)


now with all above events happening, tell me guys... should I move to Riyadh?



apa kata survey....??



most probably not. will start looking for a new job asap - the current company is not a company that you would want to be working with. if I do not get a job, then will go to Riyadh, but hopefully, will find another job before end of this month. if yes, will resign with immediate effect (am still on probation period until end May...)



that's the decision for now.... wish me luck...!!


the perso centre

8 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

all the best, king kong! good luck with ur job!

Shah said...

Have to agree with your decision - macam too many signs telling you it's not the right job lah...

Josh said...

Any news yet King Kong?

Kembara Musafir said...

went for interview ystdy.... excited Pak Arab tuh nak ambil kita kerja.... tapi, when I said how much I am earning now (not even what I am asking for), terus terkedu kejap depa.... then they say, what about a pay cut to join the company (with some incentive plan)...? aisey... but frankly, I am willing to consider it... so depa kata depa akan email offer nanti... so tengah tunggu la nih... meanwhile... carik lagi kerja... jom carik jom...!

Kembara Musafir said...

Btw, Chen, Shah, Josh... tq, tq, tq...!!! sokongan2 & doa2 kengkawan semua amat2 saya hargai...!!:)

gaji bulan April baru dapat separuh... separuh lagi, on the way... ok tak like that...? pengsan...!

Anonymous said...

Taukey, u will get a job la, here in Dubai. A GOOD job. Offer bagus punyer. :-) U know what to do right?

The new job is peeking you from behind that door, it's waiting for you to do the necessary. Dun have to do much, just play with yr mind jer. Jgn runsing2 k, take it easy. Let go of it...Usually when people say "I give up", things start to come to them. Why is that? Cos u STOP pushing it away which is also putting yr attention on it, that's why.

Find RELIEF, find RELIEF, find RELIEF on the subject wokay tauke? OK punyer, we are all here for you, right guys?

:-)

Kembara Musafir said...

MIM...!! Yes boss...!! the job offer is on its way...!! :)

Najib Ariyan Ali Basha said...

right MIM... ko jauh KK tapi kami tahu kami rapat ngan ko... ko susah tapi kami doakan ko lega...hidup kat rantau orang memang macam tu... fight! fight!!