Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Si Luncai...!! Terjun dengan Labu2nya...!! biarkan... biarkan...!!

caution : provoking blog entry
(lepas geram)


What are we afraid of….?

When I was younger (million years ago.. hehe... ), I was lucky, I guess…, to be sent to “Sekolah Menengah Agama St Michael, Ipoh” (that’s St Michael’s Institution for you…:)) where there were only 3 Malays in Science1 class (out of 40 students). Out of 5 science stream classes, there were only around 15 Muslim/Malay students. Each time, when it’s time for Moral Study class, we would all go down to another room to study on our side “Pengetahuan Agama Islam” subject…

Later in the years, I received JPA sponsorship to further my studies in France… again, after learning French for another year in France, 2 of my friends and I were sent to the city of Dunkirk/Dunkerque (er, should I say “town of Dunkirk/Dunkerque”) where there were no Malaysians at all. We felt like being scouts, clearing the terrain before more Malaysian students arrived the following years ….

2 years in Dunkirk, I entered a business school… I was the one and only Malaysian in the business school. I was (and am still) proud to have managed to enter the business school, especially with the fact that I went through rigorous exams and interview process, to enter immediately into the 2nd year. That year, only 5 students (out of 25 candidates) managed to get directly into 2nd year of studies. The rest of the students would naturally start with the 1st year of study (class of 120 students) – which also had rigorous entry exams…

Let’s stop the story there… because I was so happy with my achievement then, that I basically “enjoyed & honeymooned” my way till the end of my studies… I mean… REALLY enjoyed BIG TIME and was just studying to pass marks… hehe…

I was exposed to the culture of fellow non Muslim Malay Malaysians, exposed to foreign land, foreign culture, new adventures, new environment, new weather and climate… I was exposed to the notion of being part of a minority group, having to work extra hard to understand the language, to work hard to understand the courses, to work hard to make sure that you will get your degree and not having to pay back JPA for going home empty handed….

Those exposure has taught me a lot… it has thought me to have an open mind, to be more tolerant, to work hard to achieve what you want to be/have, to have more self confidence, to get out of the “tempurung”… Nothing comes free, nothing comes without hardwork and persistence… and if you work hard for what you want, pray to God for Him to grant you your wishes… I am 100% sure that you will get it… “In the name of God, most GRACIOUS, most COMPASSIONATE”…

I read with geat sadness this news…. :
"
UiTM slams MB’s proposal"
  • When are we going to have an open mind? Are we a bunch of racist?
  • Islam propagates equality to all human being… why do we not promote the same virtue…
  • Why are we so afraid of our fellow non Malay Malaysians?...Because they will work harder than us in achieving what they want?
  • Why don’t we work harder? Or as hard as them?
  • Why close our doors to our fellow Malaysians? Because we wanna continue lepaking and joining the Mat Rempit group or main2 mata, pegang2 tangan during the wknds…?
  • Why do we want to continue “staying in our closeted mind”?
  • What are we afraid of? If they can do it, why can’t we?
  • Have we lost our BALLS...?

We want 1st class infrastructure, 1st class lifestyle, but we remain in a 3rd world mentality…. The Malays, I mean…. In our fear of being left behind (due to our own lazyness?), we surpress other people... what kind of mentality is that?

Am always proud to be Malaysian, but frankly, sometimes am embarrassed of the words uttered by Malays… Btw, baru nak bukak 10% je, dah kelam kabut macam nak kena buang negara... waiving keris during assemblies bagai nak rak... suruh kerja kuat tak mau...

Teruskanlah hidup dibawah tempurung…. dibuai dek mimpi2 fantasi zaman Tok Kaduk, bertemankan Pak Pandir, Labu dan Labi....

come to think of it, no sound minded non Bumiputera Malaysian would send their children to UiTM... lagi bertambah corrupted adalah agaknya... UiTM frankly, is no longer relevant... that's what I think... go interview UiTM graduates, then Lim Kok Wing graduates (or other local colleges), tell me which one you will hire...

now let's sing...!!

“Si Luncai…!! terjun dengan labu-labunya.....!!! "
(chorus)…
"Biarkan…!! Biarkan…!!!”

yeahhh...!!!


Strong follower of RPK :
Friday the Thirteenth: a day that will haunt you


8 comments:

wahaza extra said...

KK, Some I agreed, some are not - there some of us are unlucky, had to work hard for it like yourself; some are lucky w/o working hard they get those opportunities; sometimes the buzz only created by the people of feels they would loose those privileges but in reality there is out somewhere in this country, people who really in-need of those privileges. I think I was one of them, without those privileges I would never see the outside world which I'm enjoying it now.

But it does comeback back to a single individual perception, I guess. No matter how many percent the open it, if the person still stay in their group, nobody will change too. Although you've open the tempurung, if the katak itself lazy to jump out; they will still be there. Haha

Kembara Musafir said...

Wahaza... tak tahu ler... this entry is more of melepaskan hot steam of frustration... I know that some of the points are arguable but better talk about them rather than leaving them unattended... NEP was good, UiTM was good... but not anymore... they have not evolved with time, and have been manipulated and used by opportunists... My previous entry on the matter : http://kembaramusafirpadangpasir.blogspot.com/2008/03/huaaa-kelantan-so-happening-one-huh.html

takkan tak ada org melayu yg sanggup menyahut cabaran...? yg sedihnya, nak bukak 10% pun dah kecoh bagai nak rak sampai buat demo... bit by bit we have to learn to stand on our own feet... no more assisted mentality... am not saying abolishing all assistance now drastically, but bit by bit we have to start doing it... we have to evolve with time and face the world like grown up adults... bukan budak hingusan yg akan balik mengadu ke mak bapak all the time bila kalah main galah panjang atau kena buli... sampai bila budak tuh nak jadi matang....

hmmm... tak tahu ler... sedih tgk & dengar org melayu masih "melukut ditepi gantang...". terutama depa yg berkemampuan tuh...

Anonymous said...

Bro,ca m'a enerve quand j'ai vu ca dans les journaux. Tu as raison, et je suis 100% avec toi. C'est bizarre de decouvrir quand j'ai discute aves l'autre gen dan cet hopital, je suis du minorite. J'ai bien cru que on a finalement depasse tous ces insecurites, mais malherreusement non. Witness our heated discussions at our yahoogroup pun la. Sigh ...

Kembara Musafir said...

Taty... ouai!! en effet, bizarre...!! c'a m'etonne que l'on a toujours une mentalite d'il y a 20 ans... que va-t-on devenir avec cette mentalite, je ne sais pas quoi te dire, franchement... helas...!

Kembara Musafir said...

et pire...!! souvent tous ces gens disent ca au nom de l'Islam...!! quelle saloperie, alors...!!

thoyol said...

kingkong,

standardlah. aku sindri join mnc us based company nie is among a few Malays jer kat this company. Mostly ramai Indian and Chinese and this is because tak ramai Malays yang fluent and capable enough.

Menyedihkan bila ada Malay yang join and simply chow masuk smaller company just sebab taknak bersaing.

I guess Malays just wanna be in their comfort zone..

Kembara Musafir said...

Thoyol... gua berbangga yg hang bersemangat camtu... tak ambik jalan mudah... teruskan perjuangan...!!! Malaysia Boley...!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ouais, salauds! Et saloppes! :P