Sunday, January 11, 2009

Embassy staffs... why quite a number of them are so rude...?

Mari kita kepoh2 menganyam ketupat hari ini...!! (sebab gua tersangatlah freenya kat opis...!! haha...)

something that I have noticed, quite often, staffs at Embassies are quite bodoh sombong (am not particularly talking about any specific Malaysian embassies/consulates... and if yes, I will say it out loud...)

case 1

when I lost my passport in Paris last time, I went to Malaysian Embassy kat Paris... the receptionist (local staff) was not friendly at all.... I was wondering why the Embassy put this "f*** up" lady at the reception... doesn't represent the image of Malaysia at all (btw, gua kenai sama ini pompuan, she started work at the embassy when I was still a student in France... wow... lama giler tuh keghojer kat embassy... masa tuh, she was a secretary if I am not mistaken... and even then she had a reputation of a "b*t*h"... )

when I told her that I remember her, only then she smiled at me... bak kata pepatah melayu... ada emas sangkut kat gigi kaaa...? tak leh senyum2 selalu, takut emas terkeluaq jatuh...!! perrghhhh...!!

then I went to the "tingkap" to do my report to get the emergency cert... I think this lady who was dealing with me was also a local staffs... since she's Malaysian, she was very nice to me... helping me with the pbm that I was facing at that time... but when there was a call, she picked up the phone, I was really surprised... she was speaking in French, and the words and the way that she was responding to the caller was utterly rude....!! (well, OK, from the conversation that I overheard, the caller was asking stupid questions, but then, no need to respond rudely... right?). well I give this lady the benefit of the doubt... may be her command of French is not so well that the words just came out wrongly (haven't you noticed that sometimes the French speak English in a very rude way...? but I have noticed that if you carry out the translation word by word, it makes totally sense because that it how they say it in French....)

hmmm.... why huh?

case 2

I went to the French consulate in Dubai, and dealt with this "b*t*h"... when I arrived, she was reading some junk mails (animated jokes)... and just didn't mind to close the email at all, to start dealing with visitors... I let her finish watching the animated joke and talked to her.... she took the police report, went inside to check on something, and when she came back, she just "threw" the police report back to me and rudely said that it was not an original copy....!! and immediately continued reading her junk emails (it was Christmas & new year time... so she was clearing up all those junk new year & christmas wish emails)... no further explanation. when I asked why she said that, rudely she said that the Consul General had her own ways of determining if the doc was original or copy....!! I was really taken aback... and I was talking to her in French, in a very nice way....! I am 99% sure that she was a local staff... (from the way that she talked in French, I think she was from North Africa - either Algeria, Tunisia or Morocco...). You know, the type who just couldn't care less since they are not representing the country of their nationality....!!

again why like that huh....?

when I was at the French Embassy in Abu Dhabi, I dealt with French people, and they were very courteous

it is also the case when I talk to Malaysian Embassy staffs who are "imported" from Mesia... rata2, I believe that they are very polite and courteous... the Malaysian Consulate in Dubai, the Malaysian Embassy in Abu Dhabi....

I seriously wonder... why like that one huh...?

8 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! KK...haiyah, maybe they think they are so BIG working in the foreign embassies...even though as a receptionist...my case, when i went to the malaysian immigration dept. in london, the staff are so polite and respect the people deal with them...;-)

perantau.tt said...

err sorilah aku kasar ngan ko aritu... wakakakakakka

eh rude ke aku ketawa nih.. hehe

Anonymous said...

i agree with u la Johan. obvious example, the Singaporean lady yg jadi secretary kat Malaysian CG Dubai, eksen nak mamposss (excuse my language yek)& semua benda tak tau..tak paham aku sikit punya ramai la org Malaysia kat Dubai, that lady tu jugak la yg depa hire..

Kembara Musafir said...

Danial... memang... in general, kat Malaysian Embassy, Malaysians would be polite to fellow Malaysians... but like the case in Malaysian embassy in Paris, when dealing with pple from other nationality, jadik sombong lak...

Azral... baik ko check2 kan staff2 ko kat Riyadh tuh...! buat spot check kaaa, suruh kengkawan arab talipon kaaa, tengok camna depa jawap... jgn depa buat busuk nama Mesia ja kang...!! haaa... sudah...!! pi jaga baby yg tengah nangih tuh..., takkan nak serah bulat2 kat bini ja kut...?!! haha...

Tini... tu lah tuh...!! depa yg bukan mewakili nationality embassy tempat depa kerja tu, selalu buat perangai lebey2... when I was in Abu Dhabi, I was dealing with real French people, and they were very courteous...!! (sebab depa tau that they are projecting the image of their country...). si Singaporean lady tuh, suruh Tuan Syed (CG Dxb) buang jaaa...!! haha...

wahaza extra said...

Wah, my 1st comment aku kena ban, mesti melampaui batas ni, sorylah KK.. but I never deal with embassy direct contact b4, but I heard... some of them really pain in the xxx; I think bcoz they think they are under immunity kot..so aqsilah sikit but I still wonder is it true or not my 1st comment was... hihi

thoyol said...

haih..

never been to embassy so cannot comment..

:)

Mother of Two said...

sabar abe johan sabar... jom dtg rumah adik makan nasik lemak...:)

Kembara Musafir said...

Wahaza.... "ada-ada saja kamu Labu..."... haha... ingat tak script nih...? kalo tak ingat, memang org Mesia murtad...! :).. memang pun, banyak embassy staff yg eksi2 lebey... and mostly they are the locally hired staffs... perasan lebey, walhal boss2 deme man man lai jer....


Thoyol, how comes never go to embassy one...? ini memang kes Thoyol menyelunap masuk tanpa passport & kebenaran...!! haha...


Shiela... can.. can...!! sekali lu jemput, 5 kali gua dtg...!! hahaha... memang sodap lu punyer nasi lemak... sambal tuh, memang tak leh celen... sure blender bawang merah berkoyan2 supaya sedap camtu...!! perghhh... meleley ayo lioq..!